Tuesday, November 8, 2011

For when I don't cook!

Naturally I don't cook every day of the week, and living in London I have access to some of the best restaurants in Europe and I've found eating out to be very cheap here too!

So in a change from me talking about what I've made at home (although last nights chinese pork chops were awesome!), I'm going to give you a list of some of my favourite London restaurants at the moment!

Smithfield bar and Grill

Apart from Hawksmoor, this is one of the best steaks I have had in London, and much cheaper. Really awesome! They do good fish and cocktails too, definately worth a visit.


The Larder

Just up the road from Smithfield is the Larder. Really excellent British fusion food and some very good standard of cooking. Try the squid started and the duck confit with scallops and bok choi for main.

Cafe Des Amis

This one is a bit special, but you wouldnt know if from the price. They use quality ingredients and the dining area is lovely. This is one of my favourite for a romantic evening around covent garden.

Thai Thai

This place, situated in Old Street, is one of the best places I have eaten for the price. Authentic thai food, prepared and served brilliantly. No excuses, you have to try this!


Anyone got any other recommendations? I'm always looking for new places to try, and places with out there food so i can get new ideas to try at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment